For those of you waiting with bated breath to see the pictures of the finished nursery, we have bad news. It might be a while. Sadly, upon applying the 'final' coat of white paint to the bead board, we realized that we used the wrong silicone to fill in the gaps. We've been frustrated, disappointed, and down-right pissed all last week trying to figure out how to remedy the situation. We've tried scraping and peeling it off, which has not worked. We tried ignoring it, which also didn't work. Now we are going to try to put a thin layer of paintable caulk on top of the non-paintable silicone. Honestly, if it doesn't work we'll just have to live with it, but neither of us is very happy with that scenario. So wish us the best of luck, and the energy to try again.


Comment from: Holly [Visitor]

Aww, that stinks! I hope you can fix it.

Mon Apr 09, 2012 @ 10:26
Comment from: Kristi [Visitor]

ha ha ha! I have so done that. It SUCKS.

Wed Apr 11, 2012 @ 19:10

Form is loading...